In accordance with the Youth Work Act, 2001, a Youth Officer for South Tipperary has been appointed. Ms. Lisa Kavanagh joined the VEC team in January 2007 and is based at Head Office. As part of her role, Lisa will be liaising with all youth organisations and volunteer run youth clubs in South Tipperary, to encourage partnership in the youth work sector and to promote the common goal and purpose of youth work.
Youth Officer Roles:
- To administer the Local Youth Club Grant Scheme
- Monitoring & Assessing Youth Programmes
- Co-ordinate plans, proposals and activities in South Tipperary
- Draft a three year youth work development plan within South Tipperary
- Prepare an annual report and cause an evaluation to be made of youth work programmes and services in the area
- Make recommendations on grant applications, registration and project allocations
- Manage the appointment of the Youth Work Committee and election process of the Local Voluntary Youth Council
Local Youth Club Grants
Each year South Tipperary VEC invites applications for grant aid from youth clubs and groups which are based in South Tipperary. Funding for the Scheme is provided by the Youth Affairs Unit, Office of the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs (OMCYA). The Scheme is part-funded by the proceeds of the National Lottery and is supported by the National Development Plan.
The Grants are divided into two categories:
- Youth Work Club Grants: This grant-in-aid category is for clubs and groups that offer specific youth work response in accordance with the Youth Work Act, 2001. The grant is to assist the development needs of clubs and groups and can be used to support clubs in their administration, programme costs and service costs.
- Youth Activity Club Grants: This grant-in-aid category is for clubs that provide youth activities to young people, i.e. groups that are primarily recreational in nature and provide leisure activities that are neither specifically youth work activities nor sporting activities.
Advertisements are placed in the local press each year inviting applications.
Please contact South Tipperary Sports Partnership for information on funding opportunities for sports clubs and organisations in South Tipperary.
Address: South Tipperary Sports Partnership, Civic Offices, Cashel, Co. Tipperary.
Tel: (062) 64783 / 64737
Fax: (062) 64799
Youth Services Contact Details
South Tipperary VEC
Tel: (052) 612 1067 / 613 4347
Fax: (052) 612 5951
Youth Officer: Ms. Lisa Kavanagh