The Youthreach programme responds to the needs of unqualified early school leavers. It is designed to offer integrated general education, vocational training and work experience to young people between the ages of 15 - 20 who have left school early.
While taking part, trainees are set education goals, which aim to increase self-esteem, skill, knowledge and employability. The ethos is learner-centred and experiential with a strong emphasis on personal participation and achievement.
Our Youthreach Centre is located in Cappawhite and is managed by John Neville.
In accordance with the national guidelines, the main objectives at Youthreach, Cappawhite for our trainees are:
The courses offered combine education, training, and youth-work methodologies. The development of each individual’s capacities and potential is foremost in our efforts. Throughout their participation, young people are supported with an age related training allowance. However, after January 2009 no allowance is to be paid to any new registration or enrolment under the age of 16 years and any offer of a place to a person under 16 years of age will be made on the condition that no allowances are to be paid.
- Second chance education and introductory level training
- Personal and Social development and increased self esteem
- Promoting independence, personal autonomy and a pattern of lifelong learning
- Integration into further education, training opportunities and the labour market
- Active citizenship and social inclusion
The programme offers the following courses:
The following are just some of the modules included in the programme:
- FETAC National Foundation Certificate
- FETAC National Vocational Certificate Level 4
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Linked Work Experience
- Introduction to Salon Hairdressing
- Safe Pass
- Driver Theory Test
Youthreach Contact Details
- Work Experience
- Information Technology
- Social Education
Youthreach Adult & Further Education Centre
Old Vocational School,
Tel: (062) 75225
Youthreach Manager: Mr. John Neville
Youthreach Resource person: Ms. Joanne Barry