St. Ailbe’s School, Tipperary Town
St. Ailbe's School is an interdenominational co-educational school. The present school opened in 1977. The school has a growing academic reputation. This is directly attributable to the commitment, dedication and enthusiasm of a highly qualified and hard working staff. We join with parents in seeking to prepare our pupils to be happy and successful citizens.
Our Mission is to:
Subjects available to First Year students
- Provide quality education that meets the actual needs of young people in the best quality learning environment.
- Create an atmosphere of trust and confidence between students, parents, community and staff which enhances self-esteem and self-worth.
- Help pupils reach their full potential in all areas of life, both social and moral. Recognising that there is no single standard that applies to all.
- Help pupils grow in confidence with a positive outlook on life and with due consideration for others and their property.
Examination Subjects: Irish, English, Maths, Geography, History, Science, German, French, Art, C.S.P.E., Technical Graphics, Material Technology (Wood), Material Technology (Metal), Business Studies, Music, Home Economics.
Non-Examination Subjects: Religion, Physical Education, S.P.H.E.
- Junior Certificate
- Junior Certificate Schools’ Programme
- Leaving Certificate
- Transition Year
- Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA)
- Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme (LCVP)
- Post Leaving Certificate Course (PLC) in Business Studies, Childcare, Nursing Studies
- School Completion
- School Meals
Extra Curricular Activities
Sports: Athletics, Rugby, Soccer (Girls & Boys), Gaelic Football (Girls & Boys), Basketball, Equestrian, Hurling.
Other Activities: Debating.
School Contact Details
St. Ailbe's School
Tel: (062) 51905
Fax: (062) 51378
Principal: Mr. Peter Creedon
Deputy Principal: Mr. John Blackburn
Chairperson B.O.M.: Cllr. Anna Tuohy-Halligan
Administration Support: Ms. Clodagh Goode
School Roll Number: 72480W